Skocz do zawartości
"Idzie nowe..." - o zmianach i nie tylko ×
Przeniesienie zakupów z IPS Marketplace / Moving bought items from IPS Marketplace ×

(DP42) Topics per Time

DawPi

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

• Manager

(DP42) Topics per Time

Zobacz plik

With this plugin you can limit how many topics user will be able to add in specific forum. Two limit modes - single (per forum) or all forums together.

intermedia - profesjonalne rozwiązania Invision Power Board

---

Chcesz uzyskać szybko i sprawnie pomoc? Uzupełnij wersję i adres w profilu.

• 7 miesięcy temu...

Re: my message at Invisioneer

Re: https://www.invisioneer.org/files/file/36-dp42-topics-per-time/

Hi DawPi,

I have a suggestion for this addon. I think it would be useful to have the option for topics started by the member viewing topic index to appear at the top of the list. Rather like a pinned topic, but visually the same as any other thread (positioned directly below any true pinned topics).

This will have three positive effects:

1. It means that the member is more likely to use the topic(s) they have already started (which is probably what most forum admins are seeking to encourage)
  2. Members will not need to dig out their previous topic(s) from the topic index list (they might be many pages back - very discouraging for non-power users)
  3. They will not be discouraged by a limit notice and are more likely to use their existing topic(s). (Else, they instead might give up and not post.)

Hi DawPi,

(Hopefully, I am more clear this time).

I think one of the main uses for your app is force members to use a single thread (in a particular forum), so that all the content appears in one place. This can have all kinds of uses. But if the member uses the topic infrequently, it will quickly drop down the list of titles and many members will not be able to easily locate their topic(s). What I am suggesting is that an option be included in addon settings so that the topic(s) started by the individual member always appears at the top of the list to them. This would be much more convenient for members, encourages use of the existing topics, and means the member is less likely to simply give up when they are alerted that they cannot create any more topics.

The function already exists for member to do this manually, but most members will not be able (or will not put in the effort) to locate their topic(s) via:

Sort => Custom Sort => Filter 'Topics I started' => 'Search'

I am just suggesting to do this automatically for members (as an option in the addon settings).

• Lubię to 1

• Manager

Thank you for your thoughtful suggestion and for clarifying your idea. It's a very interesting concept that could indeed enhance the user experience by making topics more accessible and encouraging engagement within the forum. I appreciate the time you took to detail the potential benefits and the current challenges members face in locating their topics.

I will need to give this some careful consideration to determine if it's feasible within the limitations of the IPS4 framework, as well as assess the technical implications of implementing such a feature.

The idea of automating topic prioritization in the way you've described could be a valuable addition, but it's essential to ensure that it aligns with the platform's capabilities and overall user experience strategy.

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention. I'll delve into the possibilities and see if this can be integrated smoothly into the existing system.

intermedia - profesjonalne rozwiązania Invision Power Board

---

Chcesz uzyskać szybko i sprawnie pomoc? Uzupełnij wersję i adres w profilu.

Hi DawPi,

I am not sure if we remain a little at cross purposes. I meant for this to included as part of your 'Topics per Time' addon:

https://www.invisioneer.org/files/file/36-dp42-topics-per-time/

Where the member is restricted to a few or even a single topic in a forum, this change (as an addon settings option) would allow members to locate their topic(s) immediately.

10 hours ago, DawPi said:

I'll delve into the possibilities and see if this can be integrated smoothly into the existing system.

It occurs to me that, just maybe - depending upon how the core admin forum setting works - the code for 'Users can see topics posted by other users' setting might be borrowed/modified for sorting member threads within a forum (though, of course, unlike that forum setting, they will still need to be able to 'see' the other topics on the forum). I hope that makes sense! :)