Skocz do zawartości
"Idzie nowe..." - o zmianach i nie tylko ×
Przeniesienie zakupów z IPS Marketplace / Moving bought items from IPS Marketplace ×

[CSEO News] CSEO closing it's doors

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

After many long years here at CommunitySEO, we've decided it's time to move on.

Following the past several releases of IPB 3 it is evident that Invision Power Services takes search engine optimization in their product seriously, and as a result, the niche that our product was created for has been narrowing with each release. Basically, many users find that using the built in search engine optimization features of IP.Board are more than sufficient for their needs. This has not only created a void in sales (which of course is a factor in our decision), but it has also created a void in necessity. With little need for our product, there's little incentive to continue it.

Further to this, it is not possible for our software to run as efficiently on top of an existing product as it is to use things built into the product directly (referring to our friendly URL functionality). The few features left in CommunitySEO that are not yet found in IP.Board are not important enough to warrant an entire software package for any longer.

Rather than continue on this endeavor, which was great while it lasted, we have decided we would rather move along to other ventures where we feel we the creativity and vision we have can be put to good use.

The first question most of you will probably want to ask is "what will happen to my purchase/license". This is an issue we have been carefully considering since we began discussing our plans. We have decided that we will release CommunitySEO, Tagging Module (for IPB 2.3) and Adsense Module (for IPB 2.3) open sourced here on the forums. We will release them under an open source license that will effectively let you do whatever you want with them. You can have another developer update issues, add features, update the products (for instance to make tagging compatible with IPB3) - whatever you want. We ask that you do not share the products with others, but that is only a friendly request. Ultimately, it's up to you what you want to do with them.

The next question most of you will wonder about is support. Admittedly, I have been slow to respond over the last several months and of course with us closing the doors, I do not plan to continue providing official support. We will keep this site open for approximately 1 more month to give you ample time to download the open sourced software and to ask any questions on a peer basis on the forums here. I will not likely be stopping in to respond officially, though you may see a post or two from me if you have a quick question.

Ultimately we feel that our product had a strong purpose with IPB 2.x and that is why it was created. We feel that it served this purpose well, however it's just no longer really needed, and as such there's not much incentive or point to continue maintaining it.

We apologize in advance for any problems this may cause for our customers. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Wyświetl pełny artykuł

• Manager

Wg mnie powinni udostępnić kod i do wersji 3x.. Ale by się działo..

Ale co innego mnie zastanawia - dlaczego nie chcą 'sprzedać' biznesu komuś, kto mógłby się tym zająć..

intermedia - profesjonalne rozwiązania Invision Power Board

---

Chcesz uzyskać szybko i sprawnie pomoc? Uzupełnij wersję i adres w profilu.

Hm, ja wiem że muszę zabrać się za przepisanie rewrite z CSEO dla IPB 3.x co by linki wyglądały tak samo jak do tej pory, czy może oni to mają dostępne w pakiecie dla 3.x? Bo nie sprawdzałem do tej pory. A może Amfidiusz Ty wiesz?

Też jestem ciekaw, czy zostawią Wasze domeny w ioncube. Oraz jak wyobrażacie sobie upgrade do kolejnych wersji - bo to chyba niemożliwe. Nie mogę się także doczekać reakcji haerde, który zakupił moduł jakieś dwa tygodnie temu ;)

Oblał mnie zimny pot ... Zdenerwowałem się, politycznie ujmując. Fakt co prawda jest taki, iż odnotowuję znaczny wzrost liczby odwiedzin, ale i tak jestem ... zły.

Też jestem ciekaw, czy zostawią Wasze domeny w ioncube.

CSEO does not make outbound callbacks, and all recent licenses are perpetual. You can run the copy of the software you have for as long as you want and our system isn't going to disable you, whether the site goes offline or not.

Ale co innego mnie zastanawia - dlaczego nie chcą 'sprzedać' biznesu komuś, kto mógłby się tym zająć..

If you know someone who wants to purchase CSEO feel free to forward them to the site here.

Podobno w sieci krąży też już odkodowana wersja CSEO ;)

• 2 miesiące temu...